Wednesday, May 05, 2010

A Cookie a Day...

I still haven't finished telling you all what I did last weekend :-)

I spent Sunday morning in the kitchen. Sunday usually is my "baking day". I'm an early bird anyway and what better to do than bake a "Sonntagszopf" or a cake on Sunday morning?! Especially if the weather is so bad as it was last weekend. I know, I know... many of you would say: Sleep!!! (I can sleep when I'm dead, now I need to bake :-D)

This time, I felt like baking cookies. I adapted a recipe by Donna Hay.


Double Choc Cookies

250g soft butter
200g brown sugar
170g sugar
3 eggs
300g plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
60g cocoa powder
140g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
140g white chocolate, broken into chunks

Preheat oven to 150 °C.
Mix butter and sugars in a bowl until light and creamy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa and chocolate and mix well.
Shape 2 tablespoons of the mixture into rounds. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper and flatten a little. Leave enough room between the cookies because the dough will spread!
Bake for 20-25 minutes (until dark brown on the bottom). Let cool. Makes 28.

(from: Donna Hay - Modern Classics Book 2)

I used 100g of dark chocolate, 100g white chocolate and added about 80g of milk chocolate in order to create triple chocolate chip cookies :-) Somehow, I ended up with less than 28 cookies. That always happens to me when baking Donna Hay's cookies but I also think I made them a little too big :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails