Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies with Salted Chocolate

At the moment, these are my favourite cookies! I made them last weekend and I'm even thinking of making them again today. They're from Trish's I love Cake. Turns out that every single recipe from that book is a hit. These are made with salted butter and since I like the combination of salt and chocolate a lot, I decided to decorate these cookies with salted dark chocolate instead of plain chocolate. The decorating-part is much fun by the way, a bit like painting!




Recipe
(From: Trish Deseine - I love Cake)

100g icing sugar
210g salted butter, softened
220g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
50g rolled oats
50g milk chocolate
50g dark chocolate  
(I just used 100g salted dark chocolate instead of 50g milk chocolate and 50g dark chocolate)

Beat butter and icing sugar until foamy. Add flour, baking powder and rolled oats all at once. Work it with your fingers until you have a firm dough. Form the dough into a roll of about 10cm diameter (mine was less then 10cm). Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (I left mine overnight).

Preheat the oven to 150°C.

Take out of the refrigerator and cut the roll into slices (about 0.5cm thick). Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they begin to get golden brown. Take out of the oven, let cool on the tray for a few minutes. Then, let cool on a wire rack.

When the cookies are cooled completely, melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Take a teaspoon and just spread the chocolate over the cookies.


2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I totally think you should make them again today! ;-) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got something else for you planned :-) looking forward to our evening. Hug!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails