Thursday, March 15, 2012

Snickers Brownies

This post is dedicated to Brigitte, Evelyn, Beate and Dani from my office. Despite the huge workload of the past few days, I had such a great time with you guys! It is Brigitte's last day today. In the past two weeks, she really put some effort into getting me ready for my new job. These brownies are my goodbye present to her. Thank you for letting me hit you with questions all day long ;-) I wish you all the best!




Recipe
(slightly adapted from the lovely Poires au Chocolat)

110g butter
50g dark chocolate (I used 70%)
2 eggs
210g brown sugar
50g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 snickers bars (from the refridgerator)
40g dark(er) chocolate (I used 72%, Emma from Poires au Chocolat used 85%)
a pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a brownie tin (about 18x23cm) with parchment paper. Thinly slice the snickers bars and chop up the darker chocolate. Put the butter and the broken up dark chocolate into a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Stir until melted and smooth. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the melted chocolate, followed by the sugar, flour, salt and baking powder. Beat to combine. Stir in the snickers slices and dark(er) chocolate bits. Pour into the tin and smooth over. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails