Sunday, May 12, 2013

Caramel Brownies

I know, I know... I said, I wouldn't write about the weather anymore. But, seriously, guys... I can't take this any longer! It's rainy and grey, it's windy and it's waaaay too cold for May! At least, I had Ina over for lunch today. She totally managed to lighten up my mood. Though, at some point, she said to me: "Katrin, what are we going to do if there is no summer at all this year?!?" - "I don't know." I said. "Eat brownies?!" And that's exactly what we did. Sunshine or rain, there's always comfort in brownies...




Recipe
(from: LEMENU 5/2013)

150g butter
300g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
5 eggs
225g sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
200g flour
40g cocoa powder
100g fudge, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line brownie tin with parchment paper or grease well. The recipe calls for a tin of either 25x25cm or 28x22cm. I used my 23x18cm brownie tin plus a 20cm cake tin.

Slowly melt butter and chocolate over low heat, let cool a little. In a large bowl, beat sugar, salt and eggs with an electric hand mixer until fluffy and pale. Add the chocolate and mix well. Then, sift in flour and cocoa powder and mix well. Fold in the fudge.

Fill your batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool, then cut into squares. You can sprinkle them with coarse sea salt before serving if you wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails