Thursday, November 14, 2013

Spiced Brownies with Dates

This Monday, I ran around the office with a box of brownies in my hands and a huge smile on my face. And when I entered Constanze's and Ina's office, Constanze giggled and said: "No you didn't?!" and opened her own box of brownies. Constanze had obviously baked over the weekend, too. She revealed that she had bought Trish's I love Cake and that she had started trying out several recipes. You know, those are things that make me really happy, when people tell me that I have managed to infect them with my passion for baking. So Constanze and I decided for a tradeoff and I must say, her brownies were delicious. Trish's brownies just are a winner - over and over again. Here comes another adaption of her recipe, with a hint of Christmas scent already.




Recipe
(adapted from the wonderful I love Cake by Trish Deseine)

90g butter
120g dark chocolate
2 eggs, beaten
225g sugar
90g flour
70g dates (I used dried dates), pitted, cut into pieces
1-2 teaspoons spice mixture


Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin of about 18x23cm with parchment paper.

Slowly melt the chocolate together with the butter. Let cool slightly. Then, add the eggs and then the sugar and the flour and the spice mixture. Beat fast but carefully. Then, add the dates. Fill the batter into your prepared tin and bake for about 25 minutes. The top should be crunchy but inside the brownies should be soft and gooey. Let cool (you can also serve them warm together with ice cream for instance) and cut into squares. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails